One of the fastest moving industries in the UK is the hospitality and catering industry, employing over 1.5 million people. Hospitality & catering covers a diverse variety of jobs from food scientists to casino hosts, employees of this industry can work anywhere around the world as all of the skills are transferrable.
If you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment where no two days are the same this could be for you. This industry has great career prospects with lots of possibilities for promotions, Gordon Ramsay went from being an apprentice to being a Head chef, owning restaurants, and hosting multiple TV shows!
What jobs are available in Hospitality?
- Waiters and bar tenders
- Hospitality manager
- Kitchen assistant
- Front of house
- Restaurant manager
- Kitchen manager
- Area manager
- Food scientist
- Product innovation and development technologist
- Conference and banqueting manager
- Casino Host
Where can you work in hospitality?
- Bars, clubs, and pubs
- Schools and universities
- Hotels and B&Bs
- Festivals and events
- Cruise ships
Where can you do a hospitality apprenticeship?
Hospitality apprenticeships are available at hundreds of companies around the UK, from large multinational corporations to smaller local businesses. Some notable apprenticeship providers include:
- The Marriott – The Marriott are a large international hotel chain who offer a wide range of apprenticeships from level 2-4. Their apprenticeships are in areas including cooking, food and beverages, and hotel management.
- Starbucks – The largest coffee shops company offer apprenticeships in Barista Mastery and Customer Service.
- Pret A Manger – Pre offer apprentices the chance to work their way up from Level 2 Hospitality Team Member Apprentice Standard to BA Business Management Undergraduate Degree
Find a hospitality & catering apprenticeship using our Apprenticeship Finder Tool.
Discover more about hospitality & catering apprenticeships at Gov UK.